Tried And Tested Methods To Compose An Essay About Yourself
You are the best person to assess yourself. However, there is one general block that most people facing when they have to write about themselves. They may be too much in love with themselves or too cynical to write objectively about themselves.
If you need to write an essay on yourself; you can utilize one of the following tried and tested methods
- Objective enquiry – Treat yourself as a third person and then write about your strengths, weaknesses, capacities and deficiencies. You can allow others to pose their perspective about you to further hone the piece.
- Reflective style – You can reflect on a particular achievement or two or just write on some major receptacles of your life. It is always safe to harp on experience. This also gives you the chance to be more evocative. However, you should make an attempt to remain honest.
- Fiddling with examples – You can earmark some of your traits and attributes and then suggest some interesting examples to decorate each trait or attribute. This would put the write-up into a distinct space.
- The future aspirations – You can elaborate on what you plan to do in life and how you are going to plan them. Try to sketch such a piece that may be emulating in nature. This is one beautiful figment of narratives.
- A firm analysis – You may analyze your existence as an entity; the areas where you can excel without much fuss and the areas where you are liable to fail even if you place much effort. Make sure that you remain firm in the analysis and not get overwhelmed by personal enquiries and introspection.
- The lighter side – You can also make the write-up interesting by prioritizing on the less important disciplines. The experiences you have had with cooking or girlfriends; the times you have enjoyed life to the hilt; so on and so forth.
- The disciplined side – You may write a copybook essay by ushering the disciplines you have been taught and what you imbibe in life. Suggest how these have helped charter positivity in life and achieve your goals or at least remain on the right path.
Remember that it is ultra-essential to remain free of preconceptions. This is the major trait of a seasoned writer. Even if you feel you are good at something, find out what the others think about the same and then make an analysis. Writing on you is a responsible task.